use of escape character in sql

From: Priti Goyal <priti_04_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 15 Jan 2004 22:59:38 -0800

Hi,
My data contains a single quote character and i want to replace this single quote with a double quote in a PL\SQL stored procedure. the statement i m using is:
update system.daily_feed

		set Inv_Name = replace(‘get_dailyfeed.Inv_Name','/'','`') where
						TRXN_ID=get_dailyfeed.TRXN_ID

escape /;
here get_dailyfeed is a cursor and inv_name is column name. but always it is throwing an error: (PLS-00103: Encountered the symbol "") .

My second question is:
how do i insert single quote within a table, suppose my name field is like Jayan'ta. what should be my corresponding sql statement Thanks Received on Fri Jan 16 2004 - 07:59:38 CET

Original text of this message