Re: Reuse Connect dialog box on forms 6i run time to connect to another database

From: <sybrandb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 16 Jan 2004 05:08:30 -0800

david_nat2000_at_yahoo.com (DAVID) wrote in message news:<db8bd827.0401152135.280c9acd_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hello,
>
> With regards to the Connect dialog on Oracle forms 6i via which we can
> connect to Oracle database, should we use the same functionality on
> forms run time again?
> I mean, I want to make a window with three screen items for username,
> password and service name. And on run time after connecting to the
> database I use this window to reconnect to an other database.
>
> So when I give the appropriate information, I will connect to the
> required database.
> I am using the following command on when button press, to connect to
> database via forms but unfortunately this command runs only when the
> standalone procedure builder invoke.
>
> .CONNECT DB scott/tiger_at_test
>
> Could you give me suggestion that how should I connect to required
> database on forms run time?
>
> Thanks
>
> David

Please try to write down which are you functional requirements. Your question seems to indicate you have absolutely zero idea what you are doing and what databases are all about. If so, try to learn what an Oracle database is, try to understand Oracle != Sqlserver, and/or hire someone who can address your functional requirements. In the meantime, please don't try to repost your current questions over and over and over again. People here have been really trying to understand what you are trying to accomplish. The problem is you 'think' you know the solution (which you don't) and we can't read your mind, and understand what you are up to, other than create a big mess.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA Received on Fri Jan 16 2004 - 14:08:30 CET

Original text of this message