Re: SQL Commands to interact with Windows Files in 9iR2

From: Bit Twister <BitTwister_at_localhost.localdomain>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 12:50:25 GMT

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 22:25:48 -0800, Daniel Morgan wrote:

> I am just fed up with people that post to every usenet group they can
> spell

Do what I do, create a canned text file to include something like what follows after the dashes. In this case the OP did crosspost but did not set a followup.

Net Etiquette/Newsgroup tip:

If you want to send the same message to more than one NG, CROSSPOST!

Some will argue that you not even crosspost do to the amount/type of newsgroups that we have today.

As an example to post to "comp.os.linux.security", and "comp.os.linux.hardware", use the following Newsgroups line: Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.security,comp.os.linux.hardware

See http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/xpost.html

You conserve resources on NNTP servers, and other readers see the follow up answers and do not have to provide the same answer. It makes it much harder to keep track of a discussion. Also, once a reader has "read" a message in one group, they do not have to see it again unless someone has provided a follow up. Received on Fri Jan 16 2004 - 13:50:25 CET

Original text of this message