Re: Export/Import problem

From: <sybrandb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 15 Jan 2004 05:54:42 -0800

raoul.joemman_at_wanadoo.nl (R.A. Joemman) wrote in message news:<e4e5e80f.0401150315.3bbee4c5_at_posting.google.com>...
> andkovacs_at_yahoo.com (Andras Kovacs) wrote in message news:<412ebb69.0401141214.735313c4_at_posting.google.com>...
> > This problem is right at the beginning of the export file. if you move
> > from IBM to Unix you might have a char convertion problem from ebcdc
> > to ascii right on the OS. Usually when we migrate DBs across OSs we
> > do the export and the import within the same server. You can load your
> > data from the IBM box to the Unix box if you set up Net8 in your
> > tnsname.ora file. Export your staff on the IBM then try to load from
> > the IBM box the data to the Unix box.
> >
> > Another thing: I wouldn't use record_length parameter in this case.
> >
> > Good luck.
>
> Hi Andreas,
>
> Per accident you have answered a old question from 1994 of Fredrik
> Nyman.
> For some reason Google has implemented my question into his, I think
> because of the subject of the question that is the same.
> Can you please look at my question #2? Maybe you have a answer on it
> for me?
>
> Regards
> Raoul

The answer is you have all your constraints with system generated names, and the only way to resolve it is to give your constraint explicit names prior to export. You can't stop import from renaming constraint. IIRC the manual contains explicit warnings against not naming constraints.

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA Received on Thu Jan 15 2004 - 14:54:42 CET

Original text of this message