Oracle Warehouse Builder 9.2.0.2.8 and Workflow 2.6.2 on linux

From: Equis Uno <ir4u4_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 15 Jan 2004 00:31:59 -0800

Hi there,

I downloaded OWB_9.2.0.2.8_linux.tar.gz from here: http://otn.oracle.com/software/products/warehouse/index.html

In the above download I found OWB installation documentation.

In the OWB installation documentation,
I see evidence that Oracle Warehouse Builder (runtime portion) makes use of "Oracle Workflow".

It does not mention a version though.
It does say that Workflow is neccessary.

The documentation for Workflow was easy to find here: http://otn.oracle.com/pls/db92/db92.docindex?remark=homepage#index-WOR

I'm not sure where to find the Workflow software though.

The documentation for Workflow suggests that it is installed via OUI rather than a simple unzip (as used by JDeveloper for example).

In http://metalink.oracle.com, I found evidence that Workflow is not a standalone product but that it is bundled with other products.

I also found evidence that it lives in a directory named "ofw" once it is installed.

I did not find mention of workflow in any of the download areas so I'm curious if any of you have installed it and if yes, where did you get it?

I hate to be a whiner, but OWB product mgt has dropped the ball here.

I spent a day setting up my OWB POC environment and here I am near the end of the installation and I can't find a critical piece of software and the OWB installation documentation gives no clue where to get the software or if it even has a part number. The same can be said for the Workflow software.

Do these products have product managers?

-moi Received on Thu Jan 15 2004 - 09:31:59 CET

Original text of this message