Re: How to prevent modifying oracle data through MS access or VC++ sql screen.

From: Tim Ashman <noway_at_haha.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 15:23:51 GMT

Jesu wrote:

> How to prevent data updating in oracle tables through MS access or
> vc++ sql screen? As of now I am using product_user_profiles. Which is
> preventing only through SQL*plus. The same way I want to prevent from
> MS access and VC++
>
> Please help
>
> Thanks in advance
> Jesu

I certainly no oracle security expert but the security is not controlled from within a third party link. You need to provide your users with logins via ODBC or whatever you use that only provides the access you wish. If you are providing a generic login or superuser type of setup you will not be able to limit what people can do. I would also look into roles. Received on Tue Jan 13 2004 - 16:23:51 CET

Original text of this message