Re: Run SQL Script under SYS for other Schema

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_spam_telus.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 15:09:43 GMT

Jeff Lambert wrote:

> > Note this group has been superceded by comp.databases.oracle.* (where
> > * is server for this type of question).
>
> Allright see I always thought the server NG was for actual "physical"
> server maintenance. I'm sorry I'm just a C++ programmer trying to play
> the role of a DBA. I'll keep it in mind for future posts.

In those cases, you want to head for comp.databases.oracle.misc Since cdo itself was voted out in the mid 90's, some ISPs don't carry it and some of our senior people don't have direct access.

> > http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/A87860_01/doc/index.htm
> >
> > http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=9q9fg30bbb%40drn.newsguy.com
>
> Perfect! Thank you.

One minor additional point: SYS is superuser, SYSTEM is 'master' DBA. If at all possible avoid using SYS (simply because a slip of the fingers could destroy your database). Received on Fri Jan 09 2004 - 16:09:43 CET

Original text of this message