Run SQL Script under SYS for other Schema

From: Jeff Lambert <jeffl_at_hypershell.com>
Date: 8 Jan 2004 07:50:09 -0800

Using Oracle 8i on Win2k. Here's my problem:

I can connect with SYS and can select from any table from schema JEFFX by prefixing tables with said schema name. eg: SELECT * FROM JEFFX.PROJ; However I want to run a "recompile all invalid objects" script on my JEFFX user / schema. Namely, RDBMS\ADMIN\utlrp.sql. Running it under SYS yields no errors. When I try to run it when connected as JEFFX, I get errors such as:

PLS-00201: identifier 'OBJ$' must be declared

The user JEFFX has very limited rights indeed and that's how I want to keep it. I want to be able to run the script under SYS but for the JEFFX schema. I tried this command:

ALTER SESSION SET CURRENT_SCHEMA = JEFFX; But it doesn't do much it seems? In fact it's like I'm back to using the stripped down user, right? I'm sure there's a very simple explanation to this. I'm also willing to add the required right to this user provided it doesn't turn him into a full blown DBA.

Thanks in advance!

Jeff Lambert
Hypershell, Inc. Received on Thu Jan 08 2004 - 09:50:09 CST