Re: PLS-00201 and ORA-00942 when creating a package

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 06:32:32 -0500

From a DBA standpoint:

The descriptions of these errors in the manual will explain that the schema in which you're attempting to create the package does not have appropriate permissions on the objects that your referencing. Note that these permissions must be granted directly to the schema (not via a role)

Verify the permissions by checking the USER_TAB_PRIVS_RECD data dictionary view which, despite the name, lists the user's received privileges for all types of database objects

Perhaps someone that has worked directly with Oracle Apps can give some insight on what is and is not recommended when customizing the apps.

--
Mark C. Stock
mcstock -> enquery(dot)com