Re: Standby Database.. Error in password file..

From: <sybrandb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2 Jan 2004 05:39:27 -0800

unbreakablematrix_at_yahoo.com (Cherrish Vaidiyan) wrote in message news:<f037d974.0401012043.18da81a1_at_posting.google.com>...
> "Ana C. Dent" <anacedent_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Try the following before accessing the database
> > unset TWO_TASK
>
> Hai,
>
> I am still getting the same result. I gave the command
> $ unset TWO_TASK
>
> still when i try to connect as
> $ sqlplus /nolog
> SQL> connect sys/sys_at_intel as sysdba
>
> But I am getting the same error...
>
> ERROR:
> ORA-01031: insufficient privileges
>
> What else should i do...???
>
> regards
> Cherrish Vaidiyan

The database must be down prior to recreating the passwordfile,otherwise it won't pick up you changed it. On Unixes you will be also getting this error if - your Unix account is not in the dba group - The ownership and protection of the Oracle files and executables is incorrect. The setuid bit should be set for the oracle executable and the tnslistener executable.

Note : try using
set oracle_sid=intel
sqlplus /nolog
connect sys/sys as sysdba

(leaving out the _at_intel)
In this scenario sql*net will be bypassed. If it works in this configuration you know sqlnet is the source of trouble.

Regards and happy new year,

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA Received on Fri Jan 02 2004 - 14:39:27 CET

Original text of this message