Newbie jdbc question on URL error

From: Fred <Fred_at_isp.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2004 20:08:07 GMT

Hi,

    I'm new to Oracle. I've got 9i setup on a Windows 2000 machine, named "Jackie", and using the userid of "Scott" with password "Tiger", I can do SQLPLus commands to my hearts content. From a second machine, I can even do iSQLPlus to "Jackie", great.
On the second machine, I'm trying to establish a JDBC connection using the string Connection conn =
DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:oracle:thin_at_jackie:1521:Global1","scott"," tiger"); (SID is Global1).
I am receiving the following error: Invalid Oracle URL specified . I'm trying to turn tracing on to get more information on the "Jackie" system, but I'm not even sure that I'm getting out of the system that the Java app is being run on.
Questions:
1) Does the database URL look okay?
2) Is there source for the Oracle JDBA stuff somewhere so I can step through in debug?
3) How does one turn tracing on in Oracle so I can get more information as to what is wrong?

Thanks. Received on Thu Jan 01 2004 - 14:08:07 CST