Re: Disable Rollback

From: al0 <Oleksandr_Alesinskyy_at_rambler.ru>
Date: 23 Dec 2003 01:10:17 -0800

> Is It possible to disable rollback in Oracle 9i. I am running it
> in a loop deleting 2000 records at a time. The maximum performance I
> am able to get is 3 lakhs records in 20 minutes. I am looking forward
> to 1 million in 10 minutes, but it seem because of rollback been
> enabled I am unable to do so. Is there any other
> way also to improve the deletion rate.

As it was noticed by one of the respondents your are searching for a wrong answer, probably the best thing that you can do, go to the asktom.oracle.com
web site and perform search (e.g. for "snapshot too old" message). You will find the perfect explanation of your troubles.

Regards,

Oleksandr Alesinskyy Received on Tue Dec 23 2003 - 10:10:17 CET

Original text of this message