Re: Will copying Oracle home directory install Oracle 9i on RH linux 9 system ?

From: Valentin Minzatu <v.m.i.n.z.a.t.u._at_.r.o.g.e.r.s.c.o.m>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 14:17:14 GMT

Cherrish,

When Oracle installs on unix, the files will be owned by a particular user: in your case by oracle user on the original system. You copied those files over to a new system where you expect a different user (oracle1) to be the owner. You'd have to change the ownership for all the copied files from oracle to oracle1. Hopefully it will work.

Cheers,
Valentin