Re: windows 2003 and oracle

From: Justin Cave <jocave_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 22 Dec 2003 03:37:07 -0800

kaniket_at_hotmail.com (Aniket) wrote in message news:<e161e180.0312212300.691d6ebf_at_posting.google.com>...
> I'm using a product which internally installs oracle 8. This product
> works on Windows 2000. I'm planning to install same product on Windows
> 2003 and use it in compatibility mode.
> Can anybody tell me whether it will work or not? Do I need to carry
> out specifict settings? (As per my understanding, I need to set
> compatibility mode for each program to windows 2000. The product that
> I'm using as well as oracle product doesn't constitue a single
> program. Do I need to set compatibility mode for each
> program/components in the product e.g. .exe, dlls etc etc

Since Oracle 8 isn't certified on Windows 2003 (and 9i is certified only after the 9.2.0.3 patchset), I'd recommend downgrading the operating system to Windows 2000 before you installed any of this. Running any production software on an unsupported Oracle configuration is often asking for trouble.

Justin
Distributed Database Consulting, Inc.
http://www.ddbcinc.com/askDDBC Received on Mon Dec 22 2003 - 12:37:07 CET

Original text of this message