SQL Batch Script from MSSQL to Oracle 8i

From: Jeff Lambert <jeffl_at_hypershell.com>
Date: 15 Dec 2003 05:57:10 -0800

We have a Windows client application written in delphi that connects to Oracle 8i w/ ADO. We accumulate a lot of SQL statements in a loop and finally send the strings list to be executed.

What I really need help with are the first three and the last three statements. How would I rewrite those under Oracle to make sure they have the same behaviour? BTW I know this isn't the best way to learn Oracle PLSQL but I am under time constraints, so no editorials please.

Thanks in advance. Jeff.

  • SQL batch script

SET NOCOUNT ON
SET XACT_ABORT ON --this is especially important BEGIN TRANSACTION INDX_ADD_ADMIN
/* many stored procedure calls in a loop */
/* ie Str := 'BEGIN INDX_DELSRC ('''+DOS_NAME+'''); END;'; */

COMMIT TRANSACTION INDX_ADD_ADMIN
SET XACT_ABORT OFF
SET NOCOUNT OFF Received on Mon Dec 15 2003 - 14:57:10 CET

Original text of this message