Install problem on Redhat

From: Dave <drobbins_at_drobbins.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 08:52:17 -0500

Hello All,

I've created a problem by not reading instruction and now I don't know what to do :(
I tried to install 9i on my redhat 9.0 box as myself without going thru the proper procedure of creating the oracle user/dba group etc. Didn't work so I had to break down and read to directions :) Now I believe I have things setup properly, I log in as oracle user, all environment variable are properly set, users/groups, permisions are as they should be, but when I try to install I get an error that oraInventory can't be created in my home dir (I don't even make it to the GUI install screen). If I give the oracel user write permission on myhome dir I can proceed with the install but it's putting stuff in my home dir it shouldn't be. Any idea what I might have messed up that is causing the installer to try to install to the wrong place?? Without giving the oracle user write permission on my home dir it fails before it even gets to the part where it prompts for where you want to install.

Any Ideas Appreciated
Dave Received on Mon Dec 01 2003 - 14:52:17 CET

Original text of this message