Static to Dynamic linking

From: Dibyendu Roy <dibyendur_at_indiatimes.com>
Date: 27 Nov 2003 07:04:43 -0800

Hi All,

   I build an object called "dblorcle" to connect to oracle database in Sun solaris box. This is built linking with various oracle ".a" (archived, for static linking) files come with standard oracle library. I use the following command while linking:

ld -L(oracle lib path) -lnetv2 -lnttcp -lnetwork -lncr -lnetv2 -lnttcp -lnetwork -lclient -lcommon -lgeneric -lmm -lnlsrtl3 -lcore4

For each element starting with -l has corresponding .a file in the oracle lib path. For example, for -lcommon there is libcommon.a file.

My requirement is:
To build the object without using statically linked library files. Only shared objects should be used to dynamically link instead.

Could you please suggest me if there is any standard .so (shared object) file available corresponding the each .a file.

Or if there is any other way I can build my object without using .a file so that it can run with dynamic linking.

Solaris version: SunOS 5.6 Generic_105181-05 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-250
Oracle version: Oracle 8 or 9.

Appreciate if you can give any suggestion. Thanks for the co-operation.
Regards,
Dibyendu Received on Thu Nov 27 2003 - 16:04:43 CET

Original text of this message