Fatal NI connect error 12560, connecting to:

From: Gabo <gabo22003_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 25 Nov 2003 15:06:35 -0800

Hello,

I have a VB front end program that connects to an Oracle backend db. Nothing has changed on either end; however, when I try to connect to the db via VB program I receive a requires OLE DB Session Object. The SQL error I receive is:

 Tns error struct:

    nr err code: 0
    ns main err code: 12560
    TNS-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error     ns secondary err code: 0
    nt main err code: 530
    TNS-00530: Protocol adapter error
    nt secondary err code: 126
    nt OS err code: 0

I can connect to this database via SqlNet. What did change was my Oracle Registry relating to NLS_LANG which I unfortunately changed to UTF8 to try to fix another program in another db. Anyway, I basically had to delete all the Oracle stuff in the registry and reinstall Oracle client 9.2. Again, I can connect to the db via sqlnet. The db ver is 8.0.4

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Many thanks Received on Wed Nov 26 2003 - 00:06:35 CET

Original text of this message