Connecting to default oracle instance

From: Fredrik Lindstrom <invalid_at_invalid.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 10:33:28 +0100

Hi folks!

If I want to connect to the default oracle instance I normaly write

EXEC SQL CONNECT :uid IDENTIFIED BY :pwd;

But I want to use this connect statement regardless the instance (remote/local)

EXEC SQL CONNECT :uid IDENTIFIED BY :pwd USING :server;

So my question is if I want to connect to the default instance what value should :server have?

Best Regards
Fredrik Lindstrom