PLS-00201: identifier 'P_TEST_DEL_VAL_ERR' must be declared

From: Richard Anderson <randerson_at_viops.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 23:58:56 GMT

I am having problems getting procedure to execute that is part of a package (actually any of the procedures/functions that are part of this package). I've extracted out one of the procedures and created a new package just to verify the error. The package header and body are below DROP PUBLIC SYNONYM TestPackage;
CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE TestPackage AS
-- This procedure deletes all the errors for the currently logged in user
PROCEDURE p_test_del_val_err;

END TestPackage;
/
Show errors

CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE BODY TestPackage AS
-- ************************************************************************

When I compile it I get no errors but when I run the command "execute p_test_del_val_err" I get the followin errors: SQL> execute p_test_del_val_err
BEGIN p_test_del_val_err; END;

      *
ERROR at line 1:

ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:
PLS-00201: identifier 'P_TEST_DEL_VAL_ERR' must be declared
ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:

PL/SQL: Statement ignored

It is probably a really simple problem but I just cannot see it. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would truly appreciate it.

Thanks
Rick Anderson Received on Tue Nov 18 2003 - 00:58:56 CET

Original text of this message