Libcltsh.so not available for install on Oracle 9i Client for openVMS

From: Vikash Jain <vikashjain_at_email.com>
Date: 7 Nov 2003 09:10:16 -0800

I have just completed installing Oracle 9.2.0.2 client on an HP Alpha Open VMS system. I used the custom install and installed almost everything. At the end of install the following message was shown: LIBCLNTSH.SO not available for install
Re-run insoracle to install the same at a later point

Everything else went fine. I tried running the insoracle.com script again - but the same problem comes up again and again. The script searches for file libclntsh.so in the ORA_ROOT:[lib32] directory and if it does not find it there - throws up the message - I can't understand why this file is missing.

Also - I am using pro*c and Pro*fortran files - when they are linked using the Oracle supplied lnproc and lnprofor linkers, they fail to find the Libclntsh.so file and the image is not created.

Can someone help. Received on Fri Nov 07 2003 - 18:10:16 CET

Original text of this message