Re: Oracle and Windows Server 2003

From: <sybrandb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 6 Nov 2003 00:33:59 -0800

> > > Does the Oracle work with Windows Server 2003 and .NET? I am trying to
 run
> > > an ASP.NET app and keep getting the error "System.DllNotFoundException:
> > > Unable to load DLL (OraOps9.dll)". The dll in in the Oracle bin
 directory
> > > and I have relaxed permissions for ASP.NET and IUSR_machinename.
> > >
> > > This worked fine on Windows XP. I have downloaded all the latest
 patches
> > > for the client. Am I trying to do the impossible? Do I have to revert
> > > XP?
> > >
> > > TIA
> > >
> > > David
> >
> > There is a separate version of Oracle 9.2.0.1 for Winblows 2003.
> > Which necessarily means that all the other versions are not guaranteed
> > to work.
> > You could easily have looked this up in the download section of any
> > official Oracle site.
> >
> > Sybrand Bakker
> > Senior Oracle DBA

David,

The correct installation procedure is described in http://download-uk.oracle.com/docs/html/B10924_01/toc.htm Obviously this version is a patch and you need to install it on top of an existing Oracle installation, using a newer version of the installer.
Usually the installation procedures are sound and should be followed to the letter.

Regards
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA Received on Thu Nov 06 2003 - 09:33:59 CET

Original text of this message