Re: Transaction hangs

From: <sybrandb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 3 Nov 2003 06:13:27 -0800

"Putz Ronald" <rputz_at_etm-ag.com> wrote in message news:<1067855382.879495_at_newsmaster-03.atnet.at>...
> Hy!
>
> I have got a big problem. I have a programm which uses SQLAPI to communicate
> with an Oracle 9I data base. Every second i maken an update of 500 rows in
> the data base.
> Now the following error occurs.
> After a while my programm hangs in the execute statement and doesn´t respond
> anymore.
>
> Can anybody help me with this problem?
>
> Ronny

Likely all your online redologs need archiving, and you didn't enable automatic archival or your archive logs are improperly sized. Check the alert<SID>.log, which is located in the directory, stored in the background_dump_dest parameter, or connect as internal and issue archive log list, possibly followed by archive log all. However, as your error description is too vague, one really needs more clues as to what is going on. My fear however is, you don't have a clue about Oracle, which is the reason, why your post simply states 'It doesn't work'
And crystal balls have since long sold out here.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA Received on Mon Nov 03 2003 - 15:13:27 CET

Original text of this message