ORA-12571: TNS:packet writer failure

From: Carol <ctangonan_at_acquirex.com>
Date: 30 Oct 2003 08:57:23 -0800

Hi,
This is my issue: Whenever I try to connect to any of our databases, I get the following message:

Error: ORA-12571: TNS:packet writer failure Solution: Make sure connection parameters are correct and try again

This only started happening a week ago. I've never encountered this problem and has always been successful in my logins. We're on a network and I am the only one who would get this message. As far as I know, nobody had made any changes to my computer. I've also checked the tnsnames and compared with someone else's, still i get that message.

Help please!

Thanks
Carol Received on Thu Oct 30 2003 - 17:57:23 CET

Original text of this message