load file to clob using loadfromfile(oracle8.1.7),but the length of file and clob is not equal

From: wqhdebian <wqhhust1_at_sina.com>
Date: 27 Oct 2003 21:06:50 -0800

fils:=bfilename(directory => receiveDir,filename => fileName);

      dbms_lob.open(fils,dbms_lob.file_readonly);
      dbms_lob.createtemporary(xDoc,true);
---------------- the result is 353
      dbms_output.put_line(dbms_lob.getlength(fils));
      dbms_lob.loadfromfile(xDoc,fils,dbms_lob.getlength(fils));
-------------- the result is 176
      dbms_output.put_line(dbms_lob.getlength(xdoc));
      dbms_lob.close(file_loc => fils);
      commit;

  I just want to test if I can load a text file into database with content unchanegd,but the answer from this fact is not.How I can load a txt file (xml file) into database without changing the content. Received on Tue Oct 28 2003 - 06:06:50 CET

Original text of this message