TEMP Tablespace Question

From: Paul <paul821_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 16:55:07 GMT

I have several databases running on Solaris 2.8 and Oracle 8.1.7.4. I only have this problem with one of them.

The temp tablespace always fills up and Oracle does not clear it out. If I expand the size of it, it still fills up. Even if all processes are finished, Oracle does not clear it out. Then I have programs fail with the "Unable to extend" error on the temp tablespace.

We either have to bounce the DB, or drop and re-build the temp tablespace when this happens.

Does anyone out there have any ideas why this happens in only one application that I support, and how to fix it ?

Thank you.
--

Paul L.