Re: Page Processing Efficiency

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-downwithspammersfamily_at_attbi.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 01:14:41 GMT

Look up parameterized queries or host variables in your documentation. You aren't using them and you should if you want to scale well. A query with bind variables will avoid the reparsing that dynamic sql has and hence you will get better performance and scalability. (less latching, less CPU usage).
eg select col1, col2, col3 from mytable where col1=? Jim
"Michael Hill" <hillmw_at_ram.lmtas.lmco.com> wrote in message news:3F97E761.F20208A_at_ram.lmtas.lmco.com...
> So after returning say 150 rows of data from a single query I can further
 query
> the results of the returned rows?
>
> Mike
>
> Jim Kennedy wrote:
>
> > It should be on the documentation. I don't have cold fusion docs. We
 are
> > talking about parameterized queries.
> > Jim
> > "Michael Hill" <hillmw_at_ram.lmtas.lmco.com> wrote in message
> > > Jim,
> > >
> > > Can you elaborate with a simple example?
> > >
> > > Mike

 production
 of

 table