Re: On the subject of Data Warehouses, Data Cubes & OLAP....

From: Stephan Eggermont <stephan_at_stack.nl>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 12:37:34 +0000 (UTC)

In comp.databases.olap John Keeley <duvinrouge_at_servihoo.com> wrote:
> Stuart,
>
> The great irony in all this is there is little rationality in the
> decision to buy decison support systems, when rationality is what a
> decision support system is all about.

Well, most decision support systems are bought because someone feels he doesn't have enough control over what is going on in the business. An interesting question to ask that someone is why the current systems don't provide the needed information, and how the decision to build/buy them was taken. I haven't seen much rationality there.

Stephan Received on Wed Oct 22 2003 - 14:37:34 CEST

Original text of this message