Oracle 8.1.7 Client Install Problem On Windows 2000 - Download, No CDs.

From: duffymo <duffymo_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 16 Oct 2003 12:31:43 -0700

I'm having a terrible time installing the Oracle 8.1.7 client on my Windows 2000 version 5.0 SP 4 machine.

I did a search of this forum and found this:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=8.1.7+client+install+failure&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=fEhI6.27829%24aW5.355302%40dfw-read.news.verio.net&rnum=1

The problem is that this advice assumes that the s'ware exists on a CD. I downloaded mine from technet.oracle.com. There IS no CD.

I can make the installer run by adding the -nojit flag. But the Net8 configuration assistant install fails without giving details. And the OUI keeps trying to access the CD ROM when I start it from the Start menu. (I can only run it from the directory I unpacked the download ZIP to.)

What can I do to get around this? - MOD Received on Thu Oct 16 2003 - 21:31:43 CEST

Original text of this message