Re: Can Crystal Report access Oracle on Linux ?

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 16 Oct 2003 06:49:53 -0700

xtanto <member37817_at_dbforums.com> wrote in message news:<3487521.1066284895_at_dbforums.com>...
> Hi All,
>
> We need to develope application & report that run on windows accessing
> Oracle on Linux. and we use Crystal Report as reporting tool.
>
> Can Crystal Report on windows access Oracle on Linux ?
>
> Natively or with ODBC ?
>
> Thanks for your info,
>
> Krist

On what platform Oracle physically sits, makes no difference to how remote PC based clients access Oracle. You install the Oracle client on the PC and configure Oranet (also called Net8, SQLNET)to point to the desired Oracle instance. Test the connection via the Oracle Net configuration tool and then configure an ODBC connection via MS. Or you can forget the Oracle client software if you are using a JAVA thin driver connection, but the connection type is application specific. ODBC connections require the Oracle client software. The client cd is included in the database cd set.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Thu Oct 16 2003 - 15:49:53 CEST

Original text of this message