Re: JDBC with mulitple instances of database

From: <sybrandb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 14 Oct 2003 03:46:10 -0700

gbhatti <member43992_at_dbforums.com> wrote in message news:<3477902.1066098997_at_dbforums.com>...
> Dear all,
>

> Our application needs a bit of database redundancy.
>

> Our application only accesses database for reading purposes.
>

> We want to have two databases in separate machines. Incase one database
> server dies the application should automatically extract data from the
> other server.
>

> Is there any JDBC driver available so that it can detect failure in the
> main database server and then tries to extract data from the standby
> database server?
>

> Kind regards

This functionality is available in sqlnet as transparent application failover (TAF). If you use the ordinary jdbc driver you should be able to use this without problem, providing you do your homework with respect to standby databases and TAF and don't start experimenting 'somewhere'

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA Received on Tue Oct 14 2003 - 12:46:10 CEST

Original text of this message