Re: Oracle 9i w2k Client error -Credential retrieval failed.

From: <sybrandb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 14 Oct 2003 00:43:52 -0700

croman <member43462_at_dbforums.com> wrote in message news:<3407859.1065725902_at_dbforums.com>...
> What I found interesting is that a client from another machine to the
> same server (with only the domain being different) worked just fine.
>

> I didn't reinstall, but did as you mentioned and removed the NTS line
> from sqlnet.ora. This worked just fine. But I still don't understand
> what's wrong.

the setting NTS verifies your account against the account database on the NT domain controller.
There can be numerous variations of incorrect NT setup which will cause this error.
As Frank stated, install Oracle as *local* administrator, not as *domain* administrator.

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA Received on Tue Oct 14 2003 - 09:43:52 CEST

Original text of this message