Re: Oracle Database 10g. When ?

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 22:10:17 -0700

Javier Villegas wrote:

>Hi
>
>I want to know when we could download Oracle Database 10g
>
>Thanks

If you were in the Beta program months ago. As you are not ... after it is released.

And given that no software company is going to stick its neck out and commit to a specific date in advance ... you'll just have to learn patience.

About all I can tell you is that from my experience it blows 9i away and when compared with its competition
from other vensors is amazing. Especially if you don' treat a database as just a hyped up version of an Excel spreadsheet.

The only thing Oracle needs to do to make 10g a huge success is change its pricing model and stop treating the database as though it consists of nothing but columns and rows.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu