Re: puzzling deadlock

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 15:42:42 GMT

You'll have to look more closely at the application's code. It is impossible for two concurrent sessions to issue just one DML statement and cause a deadlock. There have to be other DML statements involved. So you'll have to look at all the DML statements to figure out what is getting locked by concurrent sessions leading to a deadlock condition.

HTH,
Brian

Brian Peasland
dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com