Re: Company thought DB2 will be better than Oracle.

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_no_spam.comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 02:00:39 GMT

"Larry Edelstein" <lsedels_at_us.ibm.com> wrote in message news:3F6F3671.3E92F3D5_at_us.ibm.com...
> Peter,
>
> I'm not even sure what you're trying to say.
>
> No one ever said anything about consultants. When you have a problem ...
especially a serious one like the one you
> describe ... you open up a case with IBM and find out what it takes to fix
it!

> Peter ... several people on this newsgroup have offered to help get this
escalated for you ... but you have not
> provided any additional information. Please don't make it sound like IBM
has not listened to you or isn't willing to
> do anything about this.
>
> I am very sorry ... but as I said ... I am going to have to assume that
this didn't really happen. This will be my

> > > Peter ... I have worked with many customers for more than two years
who have never experienced this problem.

> > > You are still not providing any specifics or details on this. What are
you afraid of? At this point, I must
> > > assume that this never happened. I'm sorry. It doesn't take much to
provide evidence.

> > > Larry Edelstein

Microsoft

As

> [...]
World

Larry,
While Peter's problem might be a canard(probably is), maybe he does not understand what you mean.

Peter,
What Larry is trying to say is that you need to provide more information. If you went to a medical Dr and said I have pain and did not give any further information, such as location, then the Dr. would not be able to do much for you. So can you tell us what select statement crashes DB2 in your environment. Could you also tell us what Operating System DB2 is running on and if possible the version of DB2? What would be very nice is what steps you have to perform to cause this crash. If you can't even tell us these things then it calls into question your integrity. Jim Received on Tue Sep 23 2003 - 04:00:39 CEST

Original text of this message