Re: Typical problem with Oracle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_no_spam.comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 06:52:03 GMT

"Praveen" <spraveen2001_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:98d8ec76.0309192108.715ae799_at_posting.google.com...
> Hi All,
>
> We have a .Net application which oracle 8.1.7 as its backend which is
> in client place and i dont have access to it. Sometimes suddenly
> oracle says "end of communication channel", "No listener" and "not
> connected to Oracle". These problems occuring after the application
> starts successfully. Can anyone pls tell me what might be the problem?
>
> Thanks in Advance,
> Praveen
So you keep posting this in multiple news groups. It is impossible to diagnose the problem with so little information. This is NOT a typical problem. What client are you using? Are you using features that are not available in 8.1.7? What driver are you using? What does a sql trace reveal? What OS is the server? What does MetalLink say? What does technical support say? Have you logged an iTar? Jim Received on Sat Sep 20 2003 - 08:52:03 CEST

Original text of this message