Re: Company thought DB2 will be better than Oracle.

From: Mark A <ma_at_switchboard.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 14:32:56 -0600

"Peter" <peter_and_john2003_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:396cd6da.0309191219.947d47e_at_posting.google.com...
> Hi John,
>
> If you have not seen DB2 on non Main Frames system crashing with
> a simple select query, please wait I am sure you will see it.
>
> We are not discussing here db2 load that require check pending status
> clearance.
>
> If you have ever worked on OS/2, you will get my point. There are many
> participants in this discussion that share the same thought. Some disagree
> but it is possible that it may improve in next 5-6 years. It has taken
> quite a few years to IBM to come up with a stable version of OS/2.
>

> Peter

DB2 is quite stable on Unix, Linux, and Windows. But it is not perfect. If you have a problem, and open an APAR with IBM support, I believe that they will fix it (assuming it is an IBM problem, and not a DBA problem).

You have been asked multiple times for an APAR for your problem that had with DB2, but have failed to come up with one.

As to how long it will take for DB2 to become more stable, maybe it is less time than you think. A significant number of people who report DB2 problems on this and other forums are seriously back-leveled in terms of FixPaks. Received on Fri Sep 19 2003 - 22:32:56 CEST

Original text of this message