Re: Distributed database question

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_no_spam.comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 01:24:34 GMT

No, move all the data to 1 machine and have 3 schemas. Then you can create a view that joins the 3 schemas(1 view for each table). The entity bean approach is a Java programmer with a hammer that thinks everything is a nail.]
Jim

--
Replace part of the email address: kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_attbi.com
with family.  Remove the negative part, keep the minus sign.  You can figure

> > > A pointer in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
> > >
> > > Jason
> > > jason_at_fc.hp.com

> > > I would like to set up a distributed database system with location
> > > transparency and a shared schema (i.e. horizontal fragmentation).
I'll