Re: Company thought DB2 will be better than Oracle.

From: Neil Truby <neil.truby_at_ardenta.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 14:15:58 +0100

"David Cuffee" <dcuffee_at_comcast.net> wrote in message news:b4iab.494453$YN5.334104_at_sccrnsc01...
> Wow, sounds like this is one thread that has been beaten too death,
sneezed
> in, coughed in, crapped in. This has to be one of the worst and nastiest
> debates I have ever read from any newsgroup.

Actually, I didn't read it that way. Which newsgroup do you mean by the way?

It started off as a "merits" debate but pretty quickly, from an Informix newsgroup perspective anyway, moved into a debate about the extent to which IBM is likely to be successful in retaining the Informix users who decide to abandon Informix. For sure some strong views have been expressed about IBM as a company, and its database strategy, but is that so bad? Received on Thu Sep 18 2003 - 15:15:58 CEST

Original text of this message