Re: Company thought DB2 will be better than Oracle.

From: Larry Edelstein <lsedels_at_us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 21:20:24 -0400

Daniel,

Your original "claim" was "Couldn't possibly be the fact that you need a C compiler on a production box?". Please, don't insult us. You were wrong. There's a big difference between needing a C Compiler on one box with the same levels as the production boxes, and needing one on the production boxes themselves.

The point is that you are making claims that are not factual.

Larry

Daniel Morgan wrote:

Database Guy wrote:
Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:<1063490783.919594_at_yasure>...
So no attempt was made or intended to insult you, IBM, DB2, or anything
else. What was made was a staight-forward statement of fact based on my
years working with DB2

Your subjective claims ("low" number of...) were dubious, your single
hard claim (need for C compiler on production box), bogus.
Absolutely not. You must recompile on the production box, or should I add a clone of the production box. Which is really the same thing. You can not compile on AIX 5L and deploy on OS/390. And if you can, now, please point me to a link at ibm.com that confirms this change.

Thanks.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu