Re: Company thought DB2 will be better than Oracle.

From: DBA <DBA_at_nospam.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 15:34:52 GMT

Disagree. Think the car analogy is perfect. Market share is always one of the first questions asked in making a db decision. It's one thing to ask that question about a minor player in the industry. It's silly to ask it about IBM and DB2. You don't do that when you buy a car, stereo, camera ... whatever. You accept the premise that there are several good manufacturers out there who are likely to be there to support you into the future. You did it when you bought your car, although you won't admit it.