Re: Company thought DB2 will be better than Oracle.

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: 13 Sep 2003 08:50:49 -0700

dbguy101_at_hotmail.com (Database Guy) wrote in message news:<7fdee71c.0309130147.14a213ad_at_posting.google.com>...

> Larry, what makes you think you'll get anything except more stupid
> arguments and big fat whopping lies from the Oracle crowd?

Oh, just like the "lie" about the multiple code bases? Which the DB2 "experts" two years ago REFUSED to accept and has now been openly recognized as the truth?

> The moment
> you explode one myth they'll pretend that wasn't the point, it was
> something else.

Heard that one before many times from the DB2 mob myself.

> C'mon, we're talking here about people who believe in
> a company that writes its own "independent reports" - a company for
> the dishonest.

and IBM doesn't do that? GMAB, if Oracle is a company for the dishonest, then IBM is a company for the bigots.

> GET ROUTINE, PUT ROUTINE, Daniel. You really pretending you didn't
> know that, and if you really didn't know something that basic then how
> the hell do you figure you are qualified to discuss DB2?

The problem with some DB2 idiots is they think age of a product equates to qualification of any incompetent user to argue about it. Preferably with insulting arguments. Did you really read Daniel's reply?

Nuno Souto
wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam

PS: veiled threats do nothing for me. Neither does open hostility, innuendo posted on newsgroups under fake ids and all sorts of other DISHONEST techniques. Received on Sat Sep 13 2003 - 17:50:49 CEST

Original text of this message