Re: Company thought DB2 will be better than Oracle.

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 08:29:19 -0700

Daniel ... again ... please express your opinions :-). But please do some research

>and know your facts. On this post, there is almost no point where you have a valid
>case.
>
>--
>Daniel Morgan
>http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/oad/oad_crs.asp
>http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/aoa/aoa_crs.asp
>damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
>(replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply)
>

>Larry Edelstein

Then please corrrect me. My recollection from a few years ago when I was doing some DB2 work was that the code base for Windows was different from that for AIX was different from that for AS/400 was different from that for VM was different from that for MVS was different from that for Z-series requiring recompilation with a C compiler on the production box. And that the C compiler was not included with the database but was an extra expense.

I'd appreciate a clarification if this is no longer true or my memory is faulty.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
(replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply)

--------------050703080104070202080602

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
<!---->Daniel ... again ... please express your opinions :-). But
please do some research<br>
  <pre wrap="">and know your facts. On this post, there is almost no point where you have a valid
case.

--
Daniel Morgan
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/oad/oad_crs.asp">http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/oad/oad_crs.asp</a>
Then please corrrect me. My recollection from a few years ago when I
was doing some DB2 work was that the code base for Windows was
different from that for AIX was different from that for AS/400 was
different from that for VM was different from that for MVS was
different from that for Z-series requiring recompilation with a C
compiler on the production box. And that the C compiler was not
included with the database but was an extra expense.<br>
I'd appreciate a clarification if this is no longer true or my memory
is faulty.<br>
<pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">--