Re: external table

From: Erohsik <helpora_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 11 Sep 2003 12:27:12 -0700

Billy,

I am using external tables to load data from a data file to an Oracle tables (instead of using SQLLoader).

Before we create an external table, we use CREATE OR REPLACE DIRECTORY testing AS '/../../../testing/' command. The data file(s) should be in that (testing) directory.

After creating the external table, we load the data from external table to the existing table,
then the log files and the bad files go to the 'testing' directory where the data files are.

Now my request: I need to chang the code so that the log files and the bad files go to a specified
directory which I specify in the 'create directory.... (.sql) script.

How to specify that ?