Re: controlled population of 1 million "generated" rows?

From: D Cohen <cohen_david_2002_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 7 Sep 2003 09:21:42 -0700

trumpsrus009_at_hotmail.com (Jane T) wrote in message news:<59e58dd9.0309020718.6f601d57_at_posting.google.com>...
> is there someone who has used a tool to poplate a database schema with
> about 1M rows in the main table, where it is a controlled population
> (not strictly random)? we want to test our DB perf with an
> application, but we need meaningful data so that we can test for
> real-life scenarios.
>
> any help would be appreciated.

have you checked the data generator tool from a company called global software applications? i have the demo and it is awesome! i am going to recommend to my boss to pruchase it. check it out at http://www.gsapps.com/products/datagenerator Received on Sun Sep 07 2003 - 18:21:42 CEST

Original text of this message