Get the date time from Oracle date time stamp?????

From: Ric <Richard.pullen_at_southend.nhs.uk>
Date: 5 Sep 2003 02:29:29 -0700

I am using crystal reports to attempt to extract information from this database but I need to know which records were last updated. I have managed to find a field in Oracle and its value is based on a trigger function as shown below

begin

    select TIMESTAMP_SEQ.nextval into :new.NURS_TIMESTAMP from dual;

  end;

This at 9.45am (UK) on 05/09/2003 generated a value of 5,048,868

My main expertise is in SQL Server, my question is can I reverse engineer this value to calculate the time? Or is it like an identity field in SQL server (i.e. An automatic incremental counter)

I would really appreciate any help or pointers to some good web sources. Received on Fri Sep 05 2003 - 11:29:29 CEST

Original text of this message