which SCHEMAS are actually needed?

From: Hari Om <hari_om_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 5 Sep 2003 14:58:19 -0700

I am using Oracle 9.2.0.1 on IBM AIX 5.1 box. It seems that when I install ORACLE, it gets FULLY LOADED with all the SCHEMA's - wonder why. Following SCHEMAS are availavle when I checke din OEM - but which of these are "actually" needed and which are not needed and can be deleted safely without affecting normal DB functions.

Here is a LOADED list:
CTXSYS, HR, MDSYS, ODM,ODM_MTR,OE,OLAPSYS,ORDPLUGINS,ORDSYS,OUTLN,PM,PUBLIC,QS,QS_ADM,QS_CBADM,QS_CS,QS_ES,QS_OS,SCOTT,SH,SYS,SYSTEM,WKSYS,XDB Ofcourse I know we need SYS,SYSTEM and SCOTT...

Any related informatino on this is appreciated.....

THANKS! Received on Fri Sep 05 2003 - 23:58:19 CEST

Original text of this message