Re: oracle in solaris consume lot of memory

From: Ana C. Dent <anacedent_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 16:56:47 -0700

atalukdar1 wrote:
> Hi ,
>

> I am facing performance problem in oracle , my oracle8.1.6 in solaris 8
> consume 89 to 91% memory when i see from prstat -t command, can anybody
> help me out to do some tuning so that i can release some memory ,

This will ALWAYS be the case when Oracle runs on Solaris after a short period of time after a reboot & users are using the DB. It does NOT matter how much RAM you put in the system or how small you make the SGA. Simply put "free memory" is a useless indicator of anything. A better metric is the Page Scan rate;
where 0 is GREAT
  and < 10 is perfectly acceptable
  and < 100 should be of no concern
  and > 1000 users will like experience slow response time. Received on Fri Aug 29 2003 - 01:56:47 CEST

Original text of this message