Re: Problem configurating Apache

From: Ana C. Dent <anacedent_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 17:23:05 -0700

Ana RM wrote:

> "Ana C. Dent" <anacedent_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<23S2b.65824$kP.42350_at_fed1read03>...
>

>>Ana RM wrote:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>When I try to execute the command: apache -k start in the
>>>ORACLE_HOME/apache/apache it shows an error message:
>>>
>>>Syntax error on line 6 of c:/oracle/oraias/apache/conf/mod_osso.conf:
>>>unable to deobfuscate the SSO server config file,
>>>c:/oracle/oraias/apache/apache/conf/osso/osso.conf, error Bad padding
>>>pattern in the last block.
>>>
>>>Any idea about what´s happening?.
>>
>>Apache is failing to start.
>>
>>Obviously WINDOZE of some flavor & unknown version.
>>No idea what Oracle product or version. :-(
>>
>>What's the history behind this error?
>>Fresh install?
>>Did it ever work?
>>What changed?
>>
>>Too many unknowns & too few clues.
>>
>>YOYO!
>

> Hi Ana,
>
> Thanks for answer me. Oracle version is 9i. What I did it is to
> install the Aplication Server on win2000. But in the Control
> Panel/Services I do not have the OracleHTTPServer_<Oracle_Home_Name>
> service. Once I had it but I disabled and it did not apear again.
>
> Another thing, if I edit the file osso.conf it is encripted, I cannot
> see anything. Is that normal?
>
> Ana

9i Application server comes in two flavors, R1 & R2 which are totally different from each other. Essentailly R2 is a total re-write & V1.0 software.

Realistically you are in a deep hole.

You should seriously consider the two following steps 1) FORMAT C:
2) Wait for 9iAS R2 V9.0.4 & install it. (V9.0.4 is functioning s/w straight off the CDs.) Received on Thu Aug 28 2003 - 02:23:05 CEST

Original text of this message