Re: select no retrieves varchar datas

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 27 Aug 2003 06:56:55 -0700

rjp.l_at_laposte.net (rjp) wrote in message news:<9b7a7215.0308270021.39c6a8b1_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hi,
>
> I have a 8.1.7 client on NT4 using a Unix 8.1.7 databases.
>
> - When I execute a statement like :
>
> select count(*) from XXX
>
> I have the right number of records.
>
> - When I execute a statement like on the same table :
>
> select * from XXX
>
> I have no records if there is some varchar columns.
> No problem with numerics.
>
> Does anyone have a idea ?
>
> FYA
> RJP
RJP, If you execute these same queries from sqlplus on the db server do you get the correct response?

What tool are you using on the client to issue the queries? If using sqlplus have you tried the Oracle ODBC tester? This would allow you to test using the MS provided ODBC driver and the Oracle provided ODBC driver.

Have you been able to duplicate the problem on a second PC or is the problem limited to the one PC?

If you can duplicate the client problem I would say logon to Oracle and download the latest version of the 8.1.7 client. You either have a faulty or corrupted version.

If the install worked fine from a second PC then compare OS service pack levels and get the problem machine upgraded to match the working machine.

Good luck.
-- Mark D Powell -- Received on Wed Aug 27 2003 - 15:56:55 CEST

Original text of this message